Monday, December 22, 2014

Nigeria monologues: Goskolo for ancestors


Bless me father for I have sinned it's been a life time since my last confession. but I like to believe that in a life before this I must have confessed all the rights that I did. It is true that in a time before the rise of the seven sisters, I could have lined up to be the very Mr. But Lets not talk about the progress and the bliss that could have been and remained focused while I talk about my sins. although what is now is a function of what wasn't then but I am glad that I finally seek absolution. Perhaps 10 hail Marys and 20 our fathers and I will leave here to sin no more?

It was the closing of the millennium and a new day had dawned, the hope of an entire nation had finally risen. A well known milksop with an ear that couldn't listen was installed as he got out of prison. Then the souls of a hundred million were sold to enhance the myopic image of a silly twin toad and I know it sounds bad but my heart is now gold so what I seek on this day is simple absolution. 20 hail Marys and 40 our fathers and I will leave here to sin no more?

So my first hail Mary was a short hail Mary pass in the dieing minute of the semester I desperately tried to score a pass but is my emergency approach really that bad? Could I have saved the hundred million souls that I crashed? With my blood soaked page and my ink soaked sword, there will be no absolution for me today. Perhaps I'll raise the stakes and take my case above my mates; a cow for the gods and some Goskolo for the ancestors.

9 comments:

Kasandra said...

Nigeria will always be your mind :)

Naija de fix soon. does that make sense? lol I hv 4goten my pigeon.

Anonymous said...

hi. Came here from joies blog. u r realy a master of words.great stuffs

@Kasandra ur pigeon needs a lil patching and it will be fine :)

mike said...

great stuff. love ur word play.u make it look so easy. congratulations on the man of letters awards.

yard stick said...

you blog is a treasure trove of great and insightful pieces.

Only a true craftsman can keep something like this under wraps.

congratulations on your award and see you at the convention. We have to celebrate your fourth degree and the award.

Lapis reprobatus caput anguli

Anonymous said...


Congratulations, the award was deserved. you have quite some work sitting here quietly. Enough to win for 10 more years. On to the fourth degree.

In hoc signo vinces

Sully said...

So the letters men and forum men are now ok? Sometimes these things are hella confusing. Well for whatever it is the forum stands proud and the class of 2009 will correct all misconceptions.

Brothers in arms and aspiration.

Free and accepted

did u apply?

Owi said...

actually didnt apply, was nominated by someone

I assumed the so called forum/letters disaffection to be a myth. Didnt know people actually thought it serious.

I however appreciate all the solidarity. I usually write to myself for myself here so it always quiet.

totally unrelated: check out the remastered bath album ... Also the schoolboy Q album is great.

Indriani said...

Congratulations. Well deserved. I guess no matter how quiet you think your corner is someone will always bring the noise to you forum men.

I'll be in Abuja next month for a while so make sure you make out enough time for me.

Love the schoolboy q album btw and how is that related to anything here? You are a special kind of crazy :P . will get you a bottle of absinthe

goldsmith said...

I had to google goskolo. now i get it. great speech you gave last week and congratulations. our noble class remains free and accepted.

"in the end it is all quite hilarious".
you crazy craftsman, the forum salutes you.